30 Hours per week
Email resume to: [email protected]
Oversees and directs the planning, organizing and implementation of art education
classes and workshops for children and adults. Promotes an appreciation of fine craft
and nurtures creativity through educational programs.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Seek out and develop community partnerships.
● Work closely with the executive director to design and coordinate educational opportunities
for children and adults, including DIY classes, Lunch & Learn program, Art & Mindfulness
series, Summer Camps, Teen workshops, as well as seasonal classes and programming in
conjunction with museum exhibitions.
● Work with the outreach coordinator to create programming outside of the museum.
● Coordinate summer art camps and workshops: five one-week classes for children grades 1-
6, and several summer workshops for teens, as well as fall, holiday and spring classes, and
other outreach programs. Work with artists and art instructors to facilitate programs.
● Oversee and coordinate educational programs from start to finish; including hiring teachers,
marketing classes, ordering supplies, creating online registration forms, maintaining website
listings, communicating with participants, scheduling volunteers when needed, and being
on-site or off-site to host/oversee event.
● Train and mentor educational program teen volunteers and college interns.
● Plan and oversee educational events at Winterfair, including high school tours, hands-on
activities, and art guild demonstrations. Also coordinate educational hands-on opportunities
at off-site events such as Columbus arts fest and Grandview Hop.
● Create innovative educational solutions like Art Camp To-Go Boxes and individual projects
that students can do from home and virtual learning for adults and children.
● Maintain education mailing lists of parents, class participants, educators, and volunteers for
promotions and communications.
● Work with Graphic Designer and Marketing Coordinator for printed and electronic
educational marketing materials.
● Ensure that classroom spaces are maintained, and organize/maintain supplies and
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Experience in an educational setting.
● Demonstrate an understanding of various art mediums.
● Ability to find creative solutions for educational goals.
● Ability to teach skills to others, including concrete and abstract art concepts.
● Strong communication, organizational and classroom management skills.
● Ability to multitask and coordinate logistics for educational classes.
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in art, education or related discipline.
● Creative thinker!